Share this Post
So, you’re wondering about redesigning your website. Want the quick answer? If you are ‘wondering,’ then you need to do it! Need some reasons why? Here you go:
- If it’s not device friendly: Which means if a potential client can’t view your website on their phone or tablet, you are losing valuable clients. According to a recent study conducted by www.globalwebindex.net, 80% of users use their smart phone for searching the web and 47% use their tablet. Look up your company website on your smart phone – if it’s hard to navigate and read, update it now.
- Your target audience cares – They all Care: We all know the younger generation uses their devices on a regular basis, but what about the generation with the most money? Recently, I had one client tell me that their clients (baby boomers) don’t care about an updated website because they don’t visit it. WRONG! They do, and that number is only increasing. Adults 50+ spend an average of $7 billion online annually (SeniorNet). 72% of adults 55-65, and even 47% of adults over 70 shop online (Forrester). Not only that, but baby boomers tend to ask their children to help with research, and guess what? If those children don’t think your website is digitally optimized, then bye, bye potential client.
- You want to be viewed as credible: A credible company has great reviews, looks good, has awards, and more – you get my drift. We all want to be on a winning team, and these days a great looking website replaces the traditional paper brochure. Your website needs to be: clean and appealing to the eye, easily navigable, generate leads and, most of all, place confidence in all who see it; thus resulting in business and profits.
- It will draw more unexpected clients to you: Websites are available 24/7, unlike a brochure. I love it when I stumble on a great looking website while I’m browsing on my phone. That first impression makes me stick around and sometimes even purchase.
- You have great content: You have some educational content that you want to share. Is it available to read on a mobile device? Can I share it with others? Can I navigate through your site? Images and content sell – be sure you are putting your best foot forward.
So, now you’ve decided you need a new website. My opinion, after years of putting together integrated marketing plans and websites – you get what you pay for, and the payoff is much higher if you find a great company to help you. I’m a fan of providing clients with an awesome, easy to navigate website that utilizes social media to drive potential customers to your site and ultimately increase profits.